Friday, April 17, 2009

A Couple of Good Weeks in the Garden.

I've been busy, busy, busy and haven't had much time to post! Herb Day was fun, I learned a few new things and made a few purchases - a tansy plant and a lemon thyme plant plus moringa and roselle seeds. I transplanted the tansy already and have to find a new container for the thyme - its scent is wonderful. I still have to start the seeds, I will probably wait until fall to do that since it looks like the long hot summer will be here soon....it was 91 here today!


The veggies are looking good, I have one good size cucumber already with lots of wee ones and blooms right behind it. The tomatoes and peppers are doing pretty good too, I just wish there were more of them! My basil is doing very well, I have lots of it and shared some with one of my good friends today (it's the big bunch on the table in the picture). I planted a little window box with herbs last week - thyme, sage, chives and a rescued oregano plant from the 50% off rack at Lowe's. It looks a little sparse now but should fill in nicely in the next 7-10 days. I am going to use my herb harvest to create some dip and sauce mixes; I am working on updating my website and will be adding them soon. I also made a couple batches of soap today, it was nice to get back into the swing of things in Soapland. One batch is scented with lavender essential oil and a fragrance oil called Botanical Hemp; and the other batch is a "Man Soap" with cedarwood, black pepper and patchouli essential oils plus a fragrance oil called "Commando". It smells really nice and just a bit sexy in my opinion. I need to have a few male friends be my market testers - I love getting feedback on my soap. :)
Wishing everyone a blissful week,
Louise

No comments: