Friday, May 28, 2010

It's been too long, again.

Boy, did I ever fall off the regular blogging wagon, shame on me. The Spring semester at college kept me pretty busy and at the end of it I made the decision to change majors from Digital Design & Graphics to Business Administration. I was inspired by my Intro to Business professor and think it is a better path for me. It will definitely be as more of an asset upon graduating. I started the summer semester last week and it's going to be a busy one too but I do love being back in school. I am still looking for a "big-girl job", they are hard to find around here. I just keep plugging away and am hopeful that I will be hired soon. I haven't made much soap lately. I think it could help provide some additional income but I was so busy with school and the rest of "life" that it was hard to for me to get in the right frame of mind to make a lot. I have been batting around a few creative ideas and recipes the past week or so and may give them a try this weekend. Someone thought I had on perfume yesterday and complimented me on the fragrance; I told them "it's my soap" because I wasn't wearing any perfume. Perhaps I should consider making a solid perfume or a light spray? ~Note to self: Add this to my list of possibilities.~

My garden is doing pretty well. The tomatoes are fantastic, especially the Dillard's Cherry. I have picked from it continuously since mid-March, and they are quite tasty. The Beefheart is just now blooming and I think I will have to baby it through the heat; I bet they will be delicious. Wouldn't it be great if we could just live on tomatoes? My herbs are growing like gangbusters, and the lettuce and peppers are doing nicely. The lavender and tansy are taking the heat pretty well too. I want to plant more but we will be moving in June, most likely to a condo. It has a balcony so I will be able to have lots of containers full of garden goodies. Hmmmm, maybe I can talk them into starting a small community garden.... the wheels are turning, lol! I have a feeling I will be giving some plants away before I move, it's great to share the garden love! I have a lot to do before then, and am attempting to tackle a little bit each day so it's not overwhelming. I have some great friends who are going to help me too, since my husband is on the road and it's not likely he'll be down here on moving day. I am thankful every day for them, I wouldn't be able to do the things I am attempting to do without them. Thank you all so much for your help and support! I hope everyone enjoys the holiday weekend, relax and do something fun for yourself!

No comments: