Sunday, December 28, 2008

...and a Merry Christmas to all!

I hope everyone had a very Merry Christmas! We had a lovely day and a nice dinner...what more could a person ask for? We were busier at work last week, and this week will be busy too. My nephew is coming down on Wednesday with his mom and grandmother for a few days. He's seven and both he and Emily are super-excited - they haven't seen each other since August when we were in Tennessee on vacation. They are going to Chuck E. Cheese's one day and probably to the beach too; who knows what other fun things we'll find to do while he's here.



As 2008 comes to a close, I have been thinking about the past year a lot. It has gone by so very quickly! I have heard that from a lot of people too, more so than in years past. Since life in general is not so good for a lot of people, maybe we just think it went by fast because we want to move forward and hopefully have a better 2009! I don't know the reason, but the New Year is upon us. I am trying to work through some personal dilemas that are proving more difficult than I thought they were going to be...it's emotionally draining at times, but I am doing my best to focus on the positive. Please send any good thoughts, mojo, etc. you may have my way when you have a spare minute, I need all the help I can get!



My little garden that could is doing well. Three varieties of cucumbers and three varieties of tomatoes have sprouted and are looking very good; and my mesclun & peas are thriving. I think I am going to have enough plants to share with a few people, which will put a smile on their face and mine. I am going to order some pots from HomeHarvest.com to transplant my herbs into. I have about 30 "plantlets" each of chives, basil, cilantro and parsley. I may be able to sell some for a little extra money; that would be nice and come in handy too - there are several new essential oils and other nifty items that I am wanting to order for my soapmaking. Soapmaking is a lot of fun, but the price of supplies has risen quite a but over the last 12-18 months, just like almost everything else. Keep on keepin' on I say - what else can you do?

No comments: