Saturday, December 20, 2008

Pre-Christmas musings.

This past week flew by...before I knew it, it was Thursday night. I had to bake cookies and make a small meat & cheese tray for Emily's class party on Friday. These things always take longer than you think they will and I was up until about 1:00 getting everything ready. Thank goodness it wasn't too terribly busy at work Friday and the day turned out to be a pretty nice one in several ways so my tiredness didn't get the best of me. Most of today was spent cleaning the house and doing a little laundry (my least favorite chore ever), then the spouse and I went Christmas shopping late this afternoon. We didn't have a lot on the list this year and the kids are fine with that. They realize that Dad's layoff has made things a little more difficult, and we all know that the holidays aren't really for presents don't we? Our annual Christmas package from my mom arrived at work Friday, and it has some really lovely handmade things in it. I promise I didn't peek - she always leaves a few unwrapped and they are so pretty! I will take pictures of the goods and share those with you on Monday.

Tomorrow I am going to wrap and label some soap, and maybe re-read my sewing maching manual so I can remember how to thread the thing correctly. I currently do not sew well at all and really want to become better at it. I want to learn how to make altered clothing...I think it's quite cool. I don't know when I will fit that in my schedule, but I am determined to find a little time somewhere. :)
I hope everyone has a wonderful and joyous Christmas (or any other holiday that you may celebrate). Don't stress, and remember - we can all breathe on Friday!

No comments: